Monday, February 28, 2011

Men's Fashion Monday: The Kings Speech

This past Sunday The King's Speech took home the highly coveted Best Picture at The Academy Awards. I took this as a sign that I should probably see it, being that I had not even heard of it until that point.  Despite the fact that the first half the film is basically a Public Speaking 1001, I give the film two thumbs up.  Amidst the dramatic tension and British accents (which I wish I had) came a bevy of great costume design, highlighting traditional British style.  The movie showcases the three piece suit at its best, with timeless layering techniques.  This came alongside a bevy of patterned bowties/neckties to die for.  Costume designer, Jenny Beaven, did an amazing job.







See you next Monday!
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment